With over three hundred licensed cars for use on the road in the UK, it’s no wonder that the motor vehicle repair and servicing industry is such a huge part of Britain’s economy. An established service and MOT test centre in Tooting, near Wimbledon, Highway MOTs has been undertaking car repairs, vehicle diagnostics, car servicing and MOT testing since 1982. We are proud to be a part of such an important industry and stay-up-to-date with all of the industry developments.
On this page, we’ve collected some key facts about the automotive industry and the services we offer to customers in and around the Wimbledon area. For more information or to book your vehicle in for car servicing, MOT testing, car repairs or vehicle diagnostics, call us today on 0208 6720806.
Interesting Facts About the Automotive Industry
- The automotive industry in the UK turns over more than £77.5 billion and employs approximately 814,000 people, including some of the world’s most skilled engineers
- From May 2018, the way MOT tests work in England, Scotland and Wales has changed and you will notice at our MOT test centre near Wimbledon, that the design and look of the MOT certificate has also changed, to include the new categories
- Petrol and diesel prices continue to rise, making the importance of keeping your car in a good and efficient condition more important than ever, with regular car servicing, quality car repairs, vehicle diagnostics and annual MOT testing
- The RAC 2017 Report highlighted that motorists’ number one concern is other drivers using handheld mobile phones whilst driving and with texting making vehicle accidents 23 more times likely to happen, it’s no wonder why
- The condition of roads is an increasing worry for many clients visiting our MOT test centre from Wimbledon and the wider South London area. Drivers throughout the UK are having to battle with the state of local roads. Remember to check your tyres regularly and book in for car servicing or car repairs
- The most common reasons for fails during MOT testing in 2017 in the UK, were due to lamps, reflectors and electrical equipment (17.8%), suspension (12.1%), brakes (9.5%), tyre condition (7.5%), driver’s view of the road (6.8%), headlamp aim (5%), stop lamp (11%), registration plate (4.5%), indicators (4.5%) and tyre tread depth (4.4%)
- Rapidly expanding technology is transforming the automotive industry and at our MOT test centre close to Wimbledon, we are always investing in new technologies such as the latest vehicle diagnostics software
To find out more about the automotive industry or our own services, contact us today. Our workshop and MOT test centre can be found in Tooting, close to Wimbledon and Balham.